The Wrist Protector is a feature that can be found in the first room of ??????. After obtaining it, text can be skipped rapidly by holding the C key. It can be found at the top of the first room in the Dark World if entered in less than 8 minutes after booting up the game. Upon being obtained, a message appears saying "Even in a rush, you need to take care of yourself."
The easiest way to get the Wrist Protector is to go back to sleep after being woken up by Toriel. This can be done by interacting with the bed, which transports Kris directly into the Dark World without needing to go through the school sequence. However, this method is only possible if the game has already been completed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name "Wrist Protector" is likely literal, as the feature protects the player's wrist from potential injury by reducing the number of hand motions used to skip large amounts of text.
- The idea of a Wrist Protector may come from Toby Fox experiencing wrist injuries in the past.
- The feature is very helpful for speedrunners as it can skip all text rapidly.
- While the Wrist Protector is found and acquired as though it were an item, it does not appear in the party's inventory.
- After taking the Wrist Protector, if Kris interacts with the area that once held the item, the dialogue "(Nothing.)" appears.
References[edit | edit source]
- Every time I play the piano intensely, my wrists and hands hurt for a long time after. Probably because I didn't learn to do it correctly. - Toby Fox (@tobyfox) on Twitter, November 20, 2016.