ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THE [Ring] OF [Thorns]?
The Thorn Ring is a weapon Noelle can equip that is only obtainable while currently on the Snowgrave Route. It gives +14 AT, +12 Magic, and Trance. It cannot be sold and is the most expensive item in the game (not counting KeyGen's fluctuating prices and the Freeze Ring which is not actually purchased).
This ring halves the TP cost of Noelle's IceShock and SnowGrave spells, and is required to cast the latter due to its otherwise unattainable 200% TP cost. During combat, it gradually reduces Noelle's HP down to one third (rounded down) of her maximum HP, but cannot decrease it any lower. When equipped to Noelle, her title changes to "Ice Trancer" with the description "Receives pain to become stronger."
On the Snowgrave Route, once Noelle has frozen all enemies before the Berdly encounter, the party can buy the ring from Spamton in the dumpster to the left of the two long roads for 1997 Kromer (equivalent to 1997 Dark Dollars). Spamton says that the ring might "sting" and that the party will regret the purchase for the rest of their life. He refers to this item as his [Commemorative Ring]. This item is required to continue on the Snowgrave Route, as SnowGrave cannot be cast without it.
- A torture device? [When attempting to equip it to Susie]
- ... [When attempting to equip it to Ralsei]
- When equipping it to Noelle, she does not have flavor text.
- On a normal route, if Kris defeats Spamton using violence, Spamton tells Kris that if they had been violent earlier, he could have sold them his "[Commemorative Ring]," referring to the Thorn Ring.
- If the Snowgrave Route was aborted after buying the Thorn Ring and Kris defeats Spamton using violence, he instead suggests that Kris could have bought two of them.
- On a normal route, when talking about "OUR DEAL" in Spamton's shop, Spamton mentions a "[Commemorative Ring]" when talking about selling the KeyGen.
- Spamton sells the Thorn Ring for 1997 Dark Dollars because 1997 is his favorite year.
- The Thorn Ring is the strongest regularly obtainable weapon in the game.
- WHEN KIDS LIKE YOU ARE [Beating People Up], [Spitting] IN THEIR EYES, THROWING SAND IN THEIR [Face], [Stomping] ON THEIR TOES, YANKING THEIR [Noses], AND NOT EVEN GIVING THEM A SINGLE CENT FOR IT!? YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE ALL THAT EARLIER! AND BEEN THE FIRST TO OWN MY [Commemorative Ring]. TOO BAD! SEE YOU KID! - Spamton
- IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN BEAT ME UP, JUST BECAUSE YOU BOUGHT MY [Commemorative Ring]! AT LEAST BUY ! - Spamton
- AS A [Commemorative Ring] I WILL LET YOU BUY [KeyGen] FROM ME AT [The Low Price Of] - Spamton
- I GAVE YOU MY [Commemorative Ring] FOR THE PRICE OF [My Favorite Year]! - Spamton NEO, on Snowgrave Route