Ponman is an enemy appearing on the Great Board. They are a reference to pawns from the game of chess.
Profile[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Ponmen appear similar to white pawns from the game of chess. Their lower body is split in half, giving them legs. The black dot on their head is not only an eyespot, but also a nucleus.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Ponmen don't talk. According to Mr. Society, Ponmen are simple beings with no will of their own, as they only attack on the order of the King. However, if they are spared multiple times, they agree to stop the battle, indicating that it may not be completely true.
Main Story[edit | edit source]
Chapter 1[edit | edit source]
As the party travel through the Great Board, Ponmen appear as inanimate statues of pawns. Some of them jump down from pillars and chase the party as they pass by them.
In Battle[edit | edit source]
Attacks[edit | edit source]
Ponman shoots 1-3 diamond projectiles from its eye-spots, which track the SOUL.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Kris can say goodnight to a Ponman, which makes it spareable. Kris can also command Ralsei to sing a lullaby, putting the targeted Ponmen (and Susie) to sleep, while making the rest tired. Finally, a Ponman can also be spared 10 times to make it spareable.
Flavor Text[edit | edit source]
- Its nucleus doubles as an eyespot. [Check]
- Ponman drew near! [Encounter]
- Ponman advances one step at a time. [Neutral]
- Ponman listens politely, despite having no ears. [Neutral]
- Ponman seems hypnotized by your idle animation. [Neutral]
- Ponman gazes enigmatically. [Neutral]
- Smells like a pawn shop. [Neutral]
- You whispered goodnight to Ponman. It fell asleep... [Goodnight]
- Ralsei sang a soft and entrancing lullaby! PONMAN fell asleep! SUSIE fell asleep! The enemies became TIRED! [Lullaby]
- You and Ralsei warned Ponman about Susie. The enemy went on guard... [Warning]
- Ponman can't keep its eye open. [Tired]
- Ponman looks dilated. [Low HP]
- Ponman is sleeping soundly. [Sleepy]