Optional boss enemies in Deltarune, and generally the most difficult foes in their respective chapters. So far, each chapter has featured one bonus boss, each carrying a Shadow Crystal. They can be defeated by either FIGHTing or ACTing, with a different item earned as a result, with no foreseeable consequence as of yet.
- Jevil: Formerly the court jester of Card Castle, he went mad after meeting a stranger that caused them to see the world as a game, and had to be sealed away by Seam in the ?????? floor in Card Castle. Despite the imprisonment, he claims to be truly free, seeing the outside world as a prison. Acts as the bonus boss of Chapter 1.
- Spamton: Full name "Spamton G. Spamton," a salesman who wanted to be a "[[Big Shot]]," but fell on hard times when the stranger who helped him rise disappeared, leaving him to live in the Trash Zone. He fools Kris into uploading his mind into a powerful robotic body hidden underneath the Queen's Mansion, becoming Spamton NEO. Acts as the bonus boss of Chapter 2 and the final boss of the Snowgrave Route.
Besides possessing Shadow Crystals, all bonus bosses so far have several traits in common:
- They went insane after meeting a strange individual, presumably the same one.
- They capitalize letters in most of their dialogue.
- They have voice lines, unlike all other characters in Deltarune.
- While Spamton does not have voice lines in the conventional sense, his themes incorporate what can be assumed to be his voice.
- The word and the concept of "freedom" has a heavy presence with each bonus boss and their backstories.
- The specific phrase "The air crackles with freedom." has been in each one's descriptive text rotation.
- They share a leitmotif.
- Their battles have scripted dialogue and attacks that get progressively more difficult to dodge, culminating in a "final" attack that takes up the entire screen, before switching to using random attacks and dialogue.
- Their battles are in the basement of the party's final location (the final boss's residence) for the Dark World they are in.
- The term NEO appears in some form, being a spoken line from Jevil and a major part of Spamton NEO's form.
- They have a unique talking sound, but no dialogue sprites.
All items (2)