Say, Kris... I was thinking.
Perhaps when Asriel comes home...
We could all go to the diner, just like old times...
Asgore is a large, white-furred monster with a goat-like appearance. He has patches of gold fur that resemble hair on his head and arms. He dresses in a flower-print shirt and jeans.
Asgore is affectionate and eager to please, but acts somewhat thoughtlessly and oversteps boundaries. He dwells on his past relationship with Toriel, and tries to reconnect with her and his children whenever he has the chance.
He apparently lives irresponsibly and does not take very good care of himself; he lives in squalor, his car is filthy and he owes rent to a "C" which he is unable to pay due to his generosity with his flowers.
Asgore was previously married to Toriel, although the relationship soured and they subsequently divorced. He served on the police force, but due to an unspecified incident he was removed and Undyne was promoted. It is not clear what this incident is, but when Kris finds an article about it they immediately stop reading, suggesting it is a memory the Dreemurr family does not wish to revisit.
After returning from the Dark World, Kris can visit Asgore in the Flower Shop. When Kris arrives, Asgore pulls them into a hug and lifts them up in the air before realizing that they might not like hugs like that. Asgore owns, works in, and lives in the flower shop alone. His air mattress can be found in the back room, along with a nearly empty fridge and a television. After Kris looks at the air mattress, Asgore asks them if they want to spend the night with him, before realizing it's a bad idea altogether. Before Kris leaves, Asgore gives them a bouquet of flowers for Toriel, which he asks them to keep a secret. However, she isn't fooled. If Kris offers the bouquet to her, she begrudgingly accepts them. Once Kris leaves the room and returns, checking the trash can reveals that it's emitting a stronger floral scent, heavily implying she disposed of the flowers while they weren't looking.
Asgore later appears the next day at Sans's grocery store when the latter is making jokes with Toriel. He tries talking to her, but she tries to let him down easy. However, she says they would talk to Asriel when he returns next week before leaving. Asgore then gets the free pickles from Sans and asks what kind of flowers would remind Toriel of the time they first met, to which Sans replies by saying he should "talk to his plants". Asgore thanks Sans for the advice before he leaves the store as well.
While exploring the police station, Kris comes across an article about Asgore's firing and Undyne's promotion. They stop reading the article upon realizing what it is about, preventing the player from learning.
- In Undertale, Asgore was the king of the Underground. He prominently tended to a garden of golden flowers.
- His shop and its name, "Flower King", is a reference to this.
- Overworld's sprite at the Monster credits from Undertale is reused for that game, too.
- Asgore's flower shop houses seven unique flowers, which have the same structure and form as Golden Flowers but with a rainbow of coloration that matches the SOULs in Undertale. Rather than having a red flower however, there is a single golden one (distinct from the yellow one) with ordinary coloration.
- The photograph on Asgore's fridge of his marriage to Toriel shows that Toriel had a seven-colored bouquet of flowers matching these flowers.
- The dialogue Asgore says when encountering Kris in the Flower Shop is exactly the same as the dialogue he says in Undertale when first encountering Frisk.