Asgore is a minor NPC in Chapter 1 of Deltarune, and a returning character from Undertale. He lives alone in the flower shop "Flower King" in Hometown, and is Kris and Asriel's father.
Say, Kris... I was thinking.Asgore
Perhaps when Asriel comes home...
We could all go to the diner, just like old times...
Asgore is a large, white-furred monster with a goat-like appearance. He has patches of gold fur that resemble hair on his head and arms. He dresses in a flower-print shirt and jeans.
Asgore is affectionate and eager to please, but acts somewhat thoughtlessly and oversteps boundaries. He dwells on his past relationship with Toriel, and tries to reconnect with her and his children whenever he has the chance.
He apparently lives irresponsibly and does not take very good care of himself; he lives in squalor, his car is filthy and he owes rent to a "C" which he is unable to pay due to his generosity with his flowers.
Main Story Edit
After returning from the Dark World, Kris can visit Asgore in the Flower Shop. When Kris arrives, Asgore pulls them into a hug and lifts them up in the air before realizing that they might not like hugs like that. Asgore owns, works in, and lives in the flower shop alone. His air mattress can be found in the back room, along with a nearly empty fridge and a television. After Kris looks at the air mattress, Asgore asks them if they want to spend the night with him, before realizing it's a bad idea altogether. Before Kris leaves, Asgore gives them a bouquet of flowers for Toriel, which he asks them to keep a secret. However, she isn't fooled. If Kris offers them to her, she takes them, but isn't happy about it.
- In Undertale, Asgore was the king of the Underground. He prominently tended to a garden of golden flowers.
- His shop and its name, "Flower King", is a reference to this.
- Asgore's Flower Shop houses seven unique flowers, which have the same structure and form as Golden Flowers but with a rainbow of coloration that matches the SOULs in Undertale. Rather than having a red flower however, there is a single golden one (distinct from the yellow one) with ordinary coloration.
- The photograph on Asgore's fridge of his marriage to Toriel shows that Toriel had a seven-colored bouquet of flowers matching these flowers.
- The dialogue Asgore says when encountering Kris in the Flower Shop is exactly the same as the dialogue he says in Undertale when first encountering Frisk.